This tutorial will provide you with the necessary step to install VMware vSphere Storage Appliance. The VMware vSphere Storage Appliance is a separate download to the vCenter 5 image and can be found by clicking here.
Installing vSphere Storage Appliance
1. Download the vSphere Storage Appliance from the VMware site. The Appliance is going to be installed on your vCenter 5 Server. Double click to launch the installation. Select the Language and click Ok.
2. The vSphere Storage Appliance Manager splash screen
3. The vSphere Storage Appliance installation wizard starts. Click Next.
4. Click Next at the End-User Patent Agreement screen.
5. Select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
6. The IP Address and HTTPS Port will be pre-filled if you are installing on the vCenter server otherwise type in the IP address and HTTPS port of your vCenter Server. Click Next.
7. Enter in your vSphere Storage Appliance License Key or leave it empty to install in evaluation mode. Click Next.
8. Click Install to begin the installation.
9. The installation is now complete. Click Finish.
10. Log into your vCenter server. Click on the Plug-ins menu and select Manage Plug-ins. You can see the vSphere Storage Appliance Manager (VSA) Plug-in under Installed Plug-ins. Click Close.
11. By scrolling down to your Datacenter on the far left hand side, you will see the VSA Manager Tab on the right hand side, ready to install a new VSA cluster.
Disclaimer: All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.