In this tutorial I will guide you through installing vCenter 5 Web Client Server. The vCenter 5 Web Client Server is included on the vCenter 5 DVD.
Installing vCenter 5 Web Client Server
1. Launch the vCenter 5 DVD be either mounting the iso image or loading it from DVD. Click Install.
2. The Web Client Server Installation wizard begins. Click Next.
3. Click Next on the End-User Patent Agreement Screen.
4. Select I Agree to the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
5. Enter in a User Name and Organization Name. Click Next.
6. Check that there are no conflicts for the web client ports. You can check this by opening up a command prompt and typing in netstat -an. Another tool which will help with viewing ports that are in use is TCP View, which can be downloaded here. Click Next.
7. I will accept the default destination folder for Web Client Server and click Next.
8. Click Install to begin the installation.
9. The Web Client Server has been installed. Click Finished.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.