Part 7 VMware Site Recovery Manager 5 Protection Group
Please follow & like us :)
VMware Site Recovery Manager 5 Configuring a Protection Group
In Part 7 of this VMware Site Recovery Manager 5 Tutorial Series, we will be running through how to create a Protection Group.
VMware Site Recovery Manager 5 – Creating a Protection Group
1. Within VMware Site Recovery Manager 5, click on Protection Groups on the left hand side.
2. Click on Create Protection Group on the left hand side window. I will select the Protected Site as Primary Site Lab and the Protection Group Type will be Array based replication (SAN). As you can see below, under Array Pair I select the San1 paired with san2 pair. Click Next.
3. In this step I select the Datastore that is being replicated, in this case the name is vmware_datastore. This datastore contains 2 virtual machines, Windows 2008 Web 1 and Windows 2008 Web 2. Click Next.
4. Let’s name this Protection Group VMware Primary Servers and give it a description, Contains Web1 and Web2. Click Next.
5. Here is a summary of your settings for the Protection Group. Click Finish.
6. Your new Protection Group name VMware Primary Servers has now been completed.
7. If we click on the Virtual Machines Tab, we can see that our Web 1 and Web 2 servers are included in this Protection Group. You have now successfully setup a Protection Group within VMware Site Recovery Manager 5
Disclaimer: All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.
Be the first to comment