In this tutorial i’ll guide you through pairing the primary and secondary sites together. This is performed from the Primary Site vCenter server.
1. Connect to your Primary vCenter server and navigate to Site Recovery Manager.
2. Next to Connection, click Configure. Type in your vCenter server address from the secondary site. Make sure the domain name resolves to an ip address.
3. Click Next. Click Ok to the Remote Server Certificate Window.
4. Provide administrator credentials for the remote vCenter Server and click Next. If you are authenticating with a domain account be sure to use enter username is the format domainusername
5. Click Ok to the Remote Server Certificate Window.
6. The connection tries to establish reciprocity. If you have a firewall between the primary and secondary site, you must have port 80 open in both directions along with 8095.
7. Enter login credentials to the remote vCenter Server. This can be a user with administrator permissions or a user that has been given minimal permissions based on page 17 & 18 of the Site Recovery Manager Administration Guide.
8. Select Install this certificate… and click Ignore.
9. Select Install this certificate… and click Ignore.
10. As you can see the 2 sites are now paired. We can now go onto installing our Array Managers in the next Tutorial.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.
Be the first to comment