Note: Make sure your appliance is powered on. The default IP address is obtained via DHCP.
1. Login to vCenter and open up a console session for your VMware Data Recovery virtual machine.
2. Select the “Configure Network” menu and press Enter.
3. You will be presented with the Network Configuration screen. First question is will you be using an automatic IP obtained via a DHCP server or Static IP address. As we are assigning a static IP address we will select no here. Press Enter.
4. Enter static IP address you would like to use and press Enter.
5. Enter your subnet mask and press Enter.
6. Type in your default gateway and press Enter.
7. Enter in your primary DNS server’s IP address. Press Enter.
8. If you have a secondary DNS server enter the IP address here. Press Enter.
9. If you use a proxy server to connect to the internet press y and enter in your proxy server details, otherwise press n and Enter. We are not using a proxy server in this tutorial so we’ll just press n and Enter.
10. If you are happy with all the settings you’ve entered press y and Enter to apply the settings. Otherwise press n and you’ll have the chance to re-enter the information. Once the settings have been applied you will be brought back to the main console screen.
11. It’s now time to configure the time. Select “Set Timezone” menu and press Enter.
12. Select your timezone and press Ok
13. You are now returned to the main console screen.
14. We are now going to jump into the web management of the Data Recovery appliance. Open up a web browser on your workstation and type in the web management address. This is https://
Click Continue to this website (not recommended) to accept the appliances’s certificate.
15. Login to the appliance by entering in the default username of root and password [email protected] Click Login.
16. As you login you are presented with the System information screen. From this window you are able to see some specific information of the appliance, such as appliance version, OS version, etc. You are also able to reboot and shutdown the appliance.
17. Click on the network tab. In the status screen we can see all the networking options we set earlier.
18. Clicking on the Address button, you have the option to manually configure networking options. Once you’ve made the relevant changes click the Save Settings button on the right.
19. Next if we click on the Proxy button we have the option to enter in our proxy settings. Once again if you configure your proxy server here, make sure you click Save Settings on the right.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.
Be the first to comment