Note: This is an inplace upgrade of a previoulsy installed vCenter 4 Converter.
1. Insert the DVD or after extracting the ISO run the setup. You will be presented with the install menu below. Click on vCenter Converter.
2. Select the language you would like to use. Click Ok.
3. If vCenter Converter is already installed you will be presented with a window asking you to continue with the upgrade. Click Yes.
4. The first screen of the actual installation wizard. Click Next.
5. Accept the license agreement and click Next.
6. Confirm the IP address, port number, username and password to connect to vCenter. This username should have admin access to vCenter and not be read-only. Click Next.
7. Confirm that the SOAP and Web Port are correct as per your previous install. Click Next.
8. vCenter converter identity. Select if you would like the converter to be referenced by DNS name or IP address. Click Next.
9. You are now ready to start the installation. Click Install.
10. Installation is complete. Click Finish to exit the wizard.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.