Note: This is an in place upgrade of a previously installed vCenter 4 Converter.
1. Insert the DVD or after extracting the ISO run the setup. You will be presented with the install menu below. Click on vCenter Converter.
2. Select the laguage for the installation and click Ok.
3. The wizard will detect a previous install of vCenter Converter and notify you that it will be upgraded to the latest version. Click Ok.
4. Click Next at the first screen of the install wizard.
5. Click Next to accept the End-User Patent Agreement.
6. Select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and click Next.
7. Accept the default path and click Next.
8. Enter in the IP address of your vCenter server, the web port, vCenter admin username and password and click Next.
9. Click Yes to accept the SSL certificates fingerprint.
10. You can’t change the HTTPS or HTTP so click Next.
11. Select either your vCenter’s FQDN or IP address from the drop down menu and click Next.
12. The wizard is ready to begin install the update. Click Install.
13. The upgrade is now complete. Your VMware vCenter Converter will now be at version 4.1
14. One last thing that must be done is install the Converter 4.1 plugin. To do this, within vCenter, we click on the Plug-ins menu and select Manage Plug-ins. The Plug-in manager will pop up. Under available plug-ins click Download and Install next to vCenter Converter. This will install the Plug-in into vCenter, it will then appear under Installed Plug-ins.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.