Note: The version of VMware View that i’m using in this tutorial is vmware-viewconnectionserver-4.0.1-233023.exe
Requirements: Best to install View Connection Server on a dedicated server. View Composer must be installed on your vCenter server.
1. Double click vmware-viewconnectionserver-4.0.1-233023.exe and the installation wizard will begin. Click Next.
2. Accept the License Agreement and click Next.
3. I will accept the default destination folder and Click Next. Otherwise click Change to install VMware View Connection Server to an alternate location.
4. We are implementing a full install in this tutorial, however we can also select Replica or Security Server. Please see the Resource Section and refer to the VMware View Admin Guide for full explanations. Click Next.
5. If port 80 is already in use you will see the following display message. In my case I had to uninstall IIS. Click Ok.
6. The installation will configure your Windows Firewall to allow the appropriate ports inbound. You also have the option of doing this manually by selectiong Do not configure Windows Firewall. Click Next.
7. VMware View is ready to install. Click Install.
8. Installation is complete. Click Finish.
9. Next move on to Installing Vmware View 4 Agent into your workstation followed by Configuring View 4
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.
Be the first to comment