In this tutorial I will be installing Netapp’s Virtual Storage Console 2.0.1 into VMware vCenter 4.1
Note: to be able to add controllers to Virtual Storage Console later on you must have the following options turned on in your Netapp Storage device.
options httpd.admin.enable on
options httpd.admin.access host=x.x.x.x (if you have multiple hosts accessing the filer over http you can seperate the IP addresses with a comma)
1. Double click the installer and you will be presented with the Install Wizard screen below. Click Next.
2. Accept the license agreement and click Next.
3. Select the options that you wish to install and click Next. Check the Resources section for PDF’s on the these various components.
4. I will accept the default install location and click Next.
5. There is a notification showing you the URL that is needed to register Virtual Storage Console with vCenter. This site will automatically pop up after the install has finished. Click Install.
6. The install has now completed, click Finish and the Register page will pop up in your internet browser.
7. Enter the ip address of the machine your on now and enter in all your vCenter information with a user name that has administrative access to vCenter. Click Register when you’re done. When you open vCenter you will notice the new plugin in Solutions and Applications – Netapp.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.