In this tutorial we walk you through how to setup and configure Netapp Snapvault using the 8.1 Simulator. I will be using Snapvault to backup my Primary volume over to my Secondary volume. It will all be done on one controller, however in the video I point out what you will need to be able to set this up between multiple filers.
Netapp Snapvault – Lab Diagram
Netapp Snapvault – Topics
- Licensing Snapvault Primary and Secondary
- Setting up Primary and Secondary Volumes
- Setting Snapvault Options
- Initiate the Snapvault Baseline
- Clear any default volume snapshot schedules
- Create Snapvault schedule on the primary volume
- Create Snapvault schedule on the secondary volume
- How to Restore from primary
- How to Restore from secondary
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.
Very useful video. This helped me setup my first SV relationship between our primary and secondary filer!