How to install Check Point R75 SecurePlatform Part 3
We are now at the final part in this installation series. In this tutorial we will be connecting to the SecurePlatform HTTPS web server, downloading the Management tools, installing the management tools and connecting to the gateway.
1. Log into your management station or desktop and browse to the management interface of the Check Point firewall. In this tutorial we will browse to https://192.168.10.50. Click Yes to accept the certificate.
2. Login with your SecurePlatform user credentials. In this case i’ll login with the account cpadmin.
3. On the left hand side browse to Product Configuration – Download SmartConsole and click Download. Either save it to a location or click run.
4. Click Run.
5. The installation wizard begins. Click Next.
6. Click Yes to accept the License Agreement.
7. Click Next to accept the default destination folder.
8. I’m going to install all products. Click Next.
9. I’d like to Add SmartConsole shortcuts to the desktop, so i’ll select that option and click Finish.
10. Start up the Check Point Smart Dashboard program. Enter in your username, password and the management IP address of the Check Point gateway.
11. You will be presented with the Fingerprint. Click Approve.
12. You have now successfully connected to the firewall and ready to further configure your firewall rules, nat, IPS, Application Control, Anti-spam, etc
Disclaimer: All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.
Thank you so much for this post……!
we look for more like this post on checkpoint to gain understanding thanks for ur valuable time and effort
Thanks for the your tutorial. I’m able to install & configure a single Check Point firewall. Currently I’m trying to configure a cluster but having some difficulties. There is not much tutorial out there how to configure it. Hopefully you can guide me how to do it. Thanks again for the great tutorial.
Hi Adam, can you please open up a new Check Point thread in the forums (Click
Forums on the navigation bar at the top of this page). This way you will
be able to post pictures and we can help you with your cluster setup,
I am first time installing the checkpoint. Your tutorial was very helpful i think i have successfully installed it. Thank you very much for clear tutorial like this.