Manual Uninstall of Netapp Storage Replication Adapter
Today I came across this issue while performing a VMware SRM upgrade from 4.1 to 5. I originally had VMware SRM 4.1 along with Netapp Storage Replication Adapter (SRA) 1.4.x. I completed the upgrade to VMware SRM 5 and when it came time to uninstall the previous version of the Netapp SRA I received this error:
Another version of this product is already install. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this produc, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel
The reason for this error is that you upgraded to VMware SRM 5 before uninstalling the Netapp SRA 1.4.x adapter.
I found this article on the Netapp Knowledge Base detailing the steps involved to manually uninstall or remove the Netapp Storage Replication Adapter SRA.
Solution – Netapp Storage Replication Adapter SRA
To manually remove the SRA for SRM 4 so that you can install SRA 2.0 for SRM 5, follow the process below on all required SRM servers:
WARNING: This process involves editing the windows registry. It is always recommended to make a backup of the registry before performing manual edits of registry information.
Delete the registry key for the NetApp adapter product:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARENetApp IncNetApp Disaster Recovery Adapter
Note: On a 64bit system, this is located at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432nodeNetApp IncNetApp Disaster Recovery Adapter
- Delete the registry key that identifies the install/uninstall entry:
Note: this is the location on a 64bit system, you may need to search the /Products/ location in the registry to find the correct entry to remove. The correct entry to remove is the one that has NetApp Disaster Recovery Adapter in the ProductName field.
- If you made any changes in ontap_config.txt file, save a copy of it to a different location. It is stored at <install_drive>:Program FilesVMwareVMware vCenter Site Recovery ManagerscriptsSANONTAP.
- Delete the ONTAP folder at <install_drive>:Program FilesVMwareVMware vCenter Site Recovery ManagerscriptsSANONTAP
- NetApp SRA 2.0 supports similar configuration options in the ontap_config.txt file. Apply the configuration settings from the previous adapter’s ontap_config.txt file into the ontap_config.txt file for the new adapter.
- You may now install SRM version 5 and then install NetApp Storage Replication Adapter 2.0 for SRM 5.
Original Link https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=2016568