Note: I’m using an iPhone 3GS IOS4 with Wyse Pocket Cloud 1.3.81 Please download Wyse Pocket Cloud from the Apple App Store.You must have completed your Vmware View setup before continuing.
Wyse PocketCloud Setup
1. Once Wyse Pocket Cloud is installed, click on the icon to launch the application.
2. Click the + to create a new connection.
3. VMware View must be turned on. Leaving it off purely forces the app to connect to a server using Remote Desktop (RDP). If you followed my guide on setting up Vmware View you will be using SSL. Ensure SSL Connection is on. Give the connection a nickname. Enter in either the server IP address or fully qualified domain name. Type in your username and password (this would be your active directory credentials).
4. Enter in your domain (this is your active directory domain). Select your VMware Desktop. Resolution 800 x 1148 is suggested for the iPhone. Port 443 is entered by default.
5. Click My Computers to go back one screen. You’ll now see the connection that we just setup. Click on vmlab vdi to establish the connection to your VDI environment.
6. Connection is loading
7. My Windows XP desktop is logging into the domain by passing through my previously entered credentials.
8. Vmware Virtual Desktop on your iPhone via Wyse Pocket Cloud is complete. With the Wyse Pocket Cloud app I can zoom in and out, move the screen around and I have a great virtual mouse that is extremly easy to use.
If you have any technical questions about this tutorial or any other tutorials on this site, please open a new thread in the forums and the community will be able to help you out.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.