VMware vCenter Operations Manager Installation
In this tutorial of vCenter Operations Manager 5.8 (VCOPS) I will walk you through how to:
- Create a Network Protocol Profile for vCenter Operations Manager
- Deploy vCenter Operations Manager virtual appliance (OVF) via the vSphere Web Interface
- Complete final installation settings via the VCOPS admin web interface
- A look into the main vCenter Operations Manager Web Interface
- For Advanced or Enterprise Licensed users, a look into the VCOPS Custom Web Interface
What is vCenter Operations Manager ?
vCenter Operations Manager gathers metrics from your vSphere infrastructure and gives you the ability to look deep into performance, capacity and the overall health of your deployment.
You can read more into exactly what vCenter Operations Manager is capable of along with some comprehensive live environment videos here:
vCenter Operations Manager Tutorial
If you have any technical questions about this tutorial or any other tutorials on this site, please open a new thread in the forums and the community will be able to help you out.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.