VMware Site Recovery Manager 5 Installing Netapp SRA
In Part 3 of this VMware Site Recovery Manager 5 Tutorial Series, we will be running through the installation of the Netapp SRA software. The version of Netapp SRA adapter i’m using in this tutorial is version 2.0. This can be downloaded from Netapp or VMware.
Installing Netapp SRA within VMware Site Recovery Manager 5
1. Double click on the Netapp SRA installation file and the wizard will begin. Click Next.
2. Accept the End-User License Agreement and click Next.
3. Enter in a user name and organization name. Select who you want to install this application for and click Next.
4. I will install the complete list of features and click Next.
5. The Netapp SRA installation wizard in now ready to begin. Click Install.
6. Installation is now complete. Click Finish.
7. We will now take a look at the SRA plugin within Site Recovery Manager 5. Open your vCenter Server and browse to Solutions and Applications – Site Recovery – Your vCenter Server. On the left hand side click Array Managers and select the SRA tab. If you don’t see anything there click Rescan SRAs.
8. Now you must follow this tutorial to install the Netapp SRA on your VMware Site Recovery Manager 5 secondary site vCenter Server.
Continue onto Part 4 VMware Site Recovery Manager 5 Site Pairing
If you have any technical questions about this tutorial or any other tutorials on this site, please open a new thread in the forums and the community will be able to help you out.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.