In this tutorial I will guide you through a fresh installation of VMware ESXi 5.
VMware ESXi 5 Install
1. Either burn or mount the ESXi 5 iso image to the DVD drive of the server and let the server boot from dvd.
2. The dvd continues to boot.
3. Press enter to continue at the Welcome to VMware ESXi 5 Installation screen.
4. Press F11 to accept the End User License Agreement.
5. Select the hard drive you wish to install VMware ESXi 5 onto and press Enter.
6. Select your keyboard layout and press Enter.
7. VMware have added in this step as opposed to previous version. Here we will enter in the root password that we wish to use. In previous version you would enter in the root password after ESXi is installed. When you are finished press enter.
8. Press F11 to begin installing ESXi 5.
9. The installation process.
10. Once the installation is complete you are required to reboot the server. Press enter.
11. VMware ESXi 5 is now installed. Move onto the next tutorial to begin setting a static ipaddress, dns, etc.
If you have any technical questions about this tutorial or any other tutorials on this site, please open a new thread in the forums and the community will be able to help you out.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.