vCenter Update Manager Update 2
Note: This is an inplace upgrade of a previoulsy installed vCenter 4 Update Manager which includes update 1.
1. Insert the DVD or after extracting the ISO run the setup. You will be presented with the install menu below. Click on vCenter Update Manager.
2. If Update Manager is already installed you will be presented with a window asking you to continue with the upgrade. Click Yes.
3. This window displays another warning explaining it has detected a previous version of Update Manager. Click Ok to continue the upgrade process to v22.214.171.12432.
4. The first screen of the actual installation warning you again that the previous version will be upgraded to 126.96.36.19932, just in case you missed it the previous two times. Click Next.
5. Accept the license agreement and click Next.
6. Confirm the IP address, port number, username and password to connect to vCenter. This username should have admin access to vCenter and not be read-only. Click Next.
7. If you are using Windows Authentication to connect to your database, leave the fields blank and click Next. If you need to specify a username and password to connect to your database (i.e. if you’re using SQL authentication), enter the information in the relevant fields and click Next.
8. Do not overwrite your existing database or you will lose all your previous settings. Click Do not overwrite, leave my existing database in place. Unless you have a problem with your database and you want to start with an empty one then go ahead and click Replace my existing database with an empty one.
9. The wizard is now ready to install Update 1 for Update Manager. Click Install to continue.
10. Installation is now complete.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.