This tutorial will guide you through installing SnapManager for SQL. SnapManager for SQL works in conjuction with SnapDrive for Windows. If you haven’t already installed SnapDrive you can follow the Installing Netapp SnapDrive for Windows tutorial before continuing. In this tutorial I will be intalling SnapManager for SQL on Windows 2008 R2 with SQL 2008 R2.
1. Double click on the installation file to start the installation wizard. You may be prompted to install Microsoft SQL 2005 Backward Compatibility Components. Click Install.
2. The install wizard begins, click Next.
3. Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
4. Enter in a User Name and Organization. Select the License type of Per Filer or Per Server. Click Next.
5. I will accept the default installation path and click Next.
6. Enter in a Service Account. I created a domain user service account specifically for SnapManager for SQL, gave it local admin rights to the server and sysadmin role in SQL. Click Next.
7. Click Install.
8. Installation is now complete.
If you have any technical questions about this tutorial or any other tutorials on this site, please open a new thread in the forums and the community will be able to help you out.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.