This tutorial will guide you through installing SnapManager for Exchange. SnapManager for Exchange works in conjuction with SnapDrive for Windows. If you haven’t already installed SnapDrive you can follow the Installing Netapp SnapDrive for Windows tutorial before continuing.
1. Double click on the installation and file to start the installation wizard. Click Next.
2. Accept the License Agreement and Click Next.
3. Enter in your User Name and Organization. Select the License Type you would like to use. Per Storage System means you have the SnapManager for Exchange license installed on your Storage System. Per Server means to enter a License Key in the field below. Click Next.
4. Click Next to accept the default Destination Folder.
5. The account specified here has to have local administrator rights on the server and at minimum be an Exchange Administrator. Click Next.
6. Click Install to start the installation.
7. Installation is now complete. Click Finish.
If you have any technical questions about this tutorial or any other tutorials on this site, please open a new thread in the forums and the community will be able to help you out.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.