This tutorial will guide you through installing Single Mailbox Recovery. Single Mailbox Recovery can be used to recover items (mail items, folders, mailboxes) from SnapManager for Exchange backup sets and even third party backups such as Nt Backup, Symantec Backup Exec, etc. One of the pre-requisites is that Microsoft Outlook must be installed on the same server as Single Mailbox Recovery. As Outlook can’t be installed on an Exchange server, Single Mailbox Recovery must be installed on a seperate server. Check the documentation in the Resources sections on a list of pre-requisites before installing.
1. Double Click the installation file to start the install wizard.
2. Click Yes to accept the License Agreement.
3. Enter in your user name and company name. Click Next.
4. Select your destination folder and click Next.
5. Select your installation type of Complete or Custom. Click Next.
6. Click Finish to complete the installation.
If you have any technical questions about this tutorial or any other tutorials on this site, please open a new thread in the forums and the community will be able to help you out.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.