Forefront Threat Management Gateway Install
This tutorial will provide you with the necessary steps to install Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway TMG 2010.
Threat Management Gateway can be downloaded as a trial from Microsoft by clicking here In this tutorial I will be using Threat Management Gateway Enterprise Edition. Before proceeding with your installation make sure you label your network cards correctly for example lan or internal, external, dmz, etc
Installation of Threat Management Gateway 2010
1. Mount the DVD ISO image or insert the DVD in your drive and let it autostart. The following options will appear.
2. Make sure your Windows operating system has the latest updates installed before running the installation wizard. When you are ready click Run Installation Wizard. You are presented with the Forefront Threat Management Gateway Preparation Tool. Click Next.
3. Accept the license agreement and click Next.
4. I will be installing Forefront TMG services and Management on this machine. Click Next.
5. Once preparation is complete select Launch Forefront TMG Installation Wizard and click Finish.
6. The Threat Management Gateway Installation Wizard begins. Click Next.
7. Accept the license agreement and click Next.
8. Enter your User Name and Organization, your product serial number will be probably auto fill, if not enter in here. Click Next.
9. I will accept the default installation path and click Next.
10. In this screen we will define our Internal Network Range. Click Add.
11. Here we will select our internal adapter. Click Add Adapter.
12. Select your Inside or Internal Adapter and click Ok.
13. The IP Address Range is automatically filled in for you. Click Ok.
14. Click Next.
15. The following services will be restarted SNMP, IIS Admin, WWW and Operations Manager. Click Next.
16. Click Install to begin the installation.
17. Installation of your Threat Management Gateway is now complete. Make sure Launch Forefront TMG Management when the wizard closes is selected and click Finish.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.