This tutorial will guide you through creating a WWNN (World Wide Node Name) and WWPN (World Wide Port Name) pool for use with fiber channel storage that will be applied to a service profile and assigned to your Cisco UCS blades.
1. Log into Cisco UCS Manager and click on the SAN tab – SAN – Pools – WWNN Pools. Right click on WWNN Pools and select Create WWNN Pool. Enter in a Name and Description and click Next.
2. Click Add to add a WWNN block.
3. You can enter in random hex numbers to create a starting point for the WWNN block. Then specify a size of how many WWNN addresses you’ll need. Click Ok.
4. The block of WWNN addresses are now created, click Finish.
5. Now we will create a pool of addresses for WWPN’s. Within Cisco UCS Manager click on the SAN tab – SAN – Pools – WWPN Pools. Right click on WWPN Pools and select Create WWPN Pool. Enter in a Name and Description and click Next.
6. Click Add to add a WWPN block.
7. This starting block can be changed to any hex numbers though this should be different to the WWNN pool starting address. Select the size of the WWPN’s that you wish to create and click Ok.
8. The block is now created. Click Finish.
All the tutorials included on this site are performed in a lab environment to simulate a real world production scenario. As everything is done to provide the most accurate steps to date, we take no responsibility if you implement any of these steps in a production environment.